Monday, June 14, 2010

Neglect

I have been neglecting this blog for quite some time, partly because I was angry and had nothing to say. You see the pregnancy has taken it's toll on me. Today I am fifteen weeks pregnant. At my first ultrasound, I was about six weeks then I found out I was bleeding. Due to the bleeding I had restrictions such as no sex, no exercise, no lifting more then twenty-five pounds (which ruled out my son and yes I did lift my son) and no stress. During this time we moved. Then I became very sick. I was laying on the couch and it took every ounce I had to not throw up and to feed my son. Chris at the time was still in Oswego and I was in Rome. My poor little boy was fed hot dogs and chicken nuggets on a regular basis. I felt horrible for him, knowing this was not a very good meal. The only thing I could choke down was a luncheable every now and again. Finally the Nurse Practioner prescribed me Zofran, which is an anti-nausea medication commonly given to those who were going through chemotherapy.

As for the bleeding, I had a couple weeks to see if I healed up. Turns out I did and everything was back to normal, with the exception of feelings nauseated and throwing up from time to time. I opted to have a test done at 12 weeks pregnant which included blood work for myself and another ultrasound. The baby is doing great! Turns out I have placenta previa. I am now back on all restrictions, plus some. I can not exercise at all, I can walk (but only for short periods of time) and I can swim. Everything else is out of the question. I'm hoping it heals, I'll find out sometime next week. In the meantime I'm praying I don't get put on bed rest. If I do, I'm thinking it would have to be in the hospital because there's no way I can do it here.

My goal was to blog about having a healthy pregnancy and exercise during it. Unfortunately I can't even do yoga at this point. If everything works out the way I want it to, I can hopefully do something. In the meantime I'll try to keep updating this blog. I guess I can always write about eating healthier and doing whatever I can to stay in shape. Until then....enjoy life and take a jog for me....I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment