Friday, February 12, 2010

A Healthy Dessert


Desserts are my downfall! I LOVE sugar. I am addicted to it. I am not a fan of icecream, however give me cake and I'll want the flower, corner, whatever has the most frosting. I love it. For Valentine's Day I made a healthy dessert for me and the hubby....he loves chocolate covered strawberries and it's in the South Beach Diet....that's not the recipe I used, use whichever one you decide but it's healthier then cake that's for sure. In addition to that, it was easy and fun to make.


Ingredients
Strawberries
13-16 ounces of semi sweet chocolate morsels
2 tablespoons of butter/margarine or shortening (it makes it glossy and easier to dip)

Directions
1. Fill a pot, 1/3 full, of water. Bring to a boil. In a medium bowl (that will fit on but not touch the water or bottom of pan) add morsels and butter. Place on pan. Stir until melted. Dip strawberries (that were rinsed and dried), put on parchment paper or wax paper to harden chocolate. ENJOY.


I, by the way, had too much chocolate for the amount of strawberries I had, so I dipped some bananas as well. YUMMMMMM....

1 comment:

  1. Okay so how long have I known you and did NOT know that you were SUCH a cake person. I do NOT like cake, especially frosting. This is absolutely hilarious to me!

    ReplyDelete