Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Water


Recently I have been drinking a lot of water. Normally I am lucky if I have a couple glasses a week, but thanks for my son, I'm drinking several 16 ounce bottles a day. Bradley has a fetish with wanting water bottles and taking them to mommy. Once I get them, I have to open them, but in order for them not to be spilled everywhere I drink most of it. He'll take a few sips then pass it back to me. Essentially I drink the entire bottle with the exception of a few big gulps at the end, which I give freely to Bradley. My little boy tends to hand me about three bottles a day and I drink them all.


Over the past week, I have noticed several changes:

1) I use the bathroom quite a bit. I have heard, but not sure if it's true, once your body is used to it, the frequency of the bathroom trips will be much less.

2) I have more desire and energy to workout.

3) I am happier. Don't get me wrong I do struggle at times with patience for those toddler years.

4) I don't snack nearly as much.

5) I lost three pounds....(I originally started at 165.8, then I was down to 160....then I got sick and was down to 157 0r 158.....then it climbed back to 164.8)....I weighed in yesterday at 161.4 and that's without working out.

6) Sweets (my biggest downfall) aren't as tempting anymore and I have a desire to eat healthier.

7) I am more alert.

8) I have a cold but it's not nearly as bad as my colds have been in the past. I know water plays a part in this because of a previous cold and drinking water toward the end of it, helped with post nasal drip...now it's helped even with the runny nose (this was a tip learned from a family friend and guess what her nursing school paid off because it works!).


I have done a little research on water. A lot of this information I knew from high school but here are the facts:

1. Water makes up 2/3 of the body weight.
2. Without water we would die in a few days.
3. The body cannot work without water.

Here are the facts I didn't know:

1. The human brain is made up of 95% of water, blood 82% and lungs 90%.
2. Losing 2% of your water can trigger signs of dehydration, which are: fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on smaller print, such as a computer screen.
3. Water plays a key role in the prevention of some cancers.

I highly recommend you check out the website....it's FreeDrinkingWater.com. It's clearly informational and definitely worth the quick read. Learn what it can do for you. So far for me it's done a lot! And as the website would say....DRINK UP!

1 comment:

  1. Glad Bradley reminded you of a good thing! All I drink is water. But of course you know that. Just remember if you choose water over other beverages just how many unnecessary calories you can cut out of your diet!

    ReplyDelete